Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mr. Brainwash Art Show

Just saw an amazing art show from Mr Brainwash a.k.a. Thierry Guetta over on 13th St between Washington St and 9th Av. He is the artist that had been tagging his art over in the Meatpacking District for awhile now. I believe he started by doing the same thing in L.A. a couple years ago and had a major show out there with a line around the block to get in. He is the one responsible for the latest Madonna cd art and not since Keith Haring has there been a street artist that made such a big notice for them self. Others have tried but this guy has the right combination of Haring, Warhol, and Lichtenstein in his work to make you love it. Iconic figures in pirated images done in a way that gives an I could have done that feeling. I really loved this show. His portraits of music icons made by using cut vinyl records in a collage were my favorite I think.
























































No comments:

Post a Comment